So, here it is. My own little blog. This process is a bit strange for me – I am used to writing about the silly things going on in the life of my kids or my husband. And while I like to wax poetic on parenting topics, it is rare that I am the subject of my own composition.
I want to change things up and find a space where I can spend time exploring my own voice, jotting down my thoughts and recording what is going on with me. I am positive this whole thing sounds really self-indulgent, but for now, it feels kind of good to have my own thing.
I want 2013 to be a year spent getting better. In past years I have made resolutions that typically involve introducing something new into my life. This year, though, I just want to focus on what we have going. Keep up the good work. Root out what isn’t doing it for us. I made a list of the things I am hoping will be part of this focus for 2013:
2. Drink water. like all the time.
3. Establish and stick to a regular cleaning schedule.
4. Establish a better weekly routine for the kids.
5. Really practice yoga. Establish a regular day and time to go.
6. Participate in an outdoor activity with the kids once per month. ie, go on a hike or run around at the beach.
7. Really pay attention to what I am eating. And how it makes me feel. Respect my gut by only investing in wholesome foods and only eating until I am satisfied.
8. Establish a regular time/schedule to sit down and write.
9. Set aside time for photo taking, organizing and sharing. Make it a regular thing.
10. Make time for creative pursuits. Make more cards. Make more stuff.
11. Attempt to begin a sewing habit again.
12. Plan a regular date night with the hubs. Right now I am thinking once per month is the most reasonable.
13. Read everyday.
And so, here we begin. #8.
to new beginnings,